Welcome to My Blog_AKM Nuruzzaman


Welcome notes

My name is AKM Nuruzzman. I have 25 years of professional experience implementing donor-funded activities to advance economic policy reform, and poverty alleviation and social mobilization and inclusion initiatives; working collaboratively with the government of Bangladesh at various levels, international donors,  e.g., EU, DFID, AusAID, World Bank, IFAD, GCF, ADB, SDC, JICA and civil-society organisations; working with vulnerable populations to support the creation of jobs and incomes, particularly connecting extremely poor people to markets and employment opportunities, building productive capabilities and capacity; working on climate adaptation and disaster management; integrating gender equality and women's empowerment issues; and excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and demonstrated leadership ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. I did my PhD in Social Vulnerability to Climate Change from the University of Melbourne, Australia in 2016. I also completed the Master in International and Community Development (MICD) from Deakin University, Australia in 2004. Earlier, I obtained Bachelor of Science (Hons.) and Master of Science in Geography from Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh in 1991 and 1992 respectively. I have been with Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF), as an apex development organisation working in Bangladesh, since 1997 and currently, is serving PKSF (www.pksf-bd.org) as a General Manager.

I will try to write in this Blog regularly. Please follow me and make your valuable comments. I welcome all constructive comments. If you disagree with my arguments, please do. I will cover largely on poverty, development, livelihood, vulnerability, disaster, climate adaptation in relation to the disadvantaged people living in developing countries. As I live in Bangladesh, my opinions and examples predominately will be from Bangladesh.   

Thanks

Nuruzzaman

You can see my staff in the following links.



Please write me or comment on my post  






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

পরিবেশ

আব্বা-আম্মা